The University of Lagos a Federal Tertiary Institution established by the University of Lagos Act, 1967 (as amended) CAP U9 Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 2004 and having its main campus at Akoka, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria invites qualified Estate Surveying and Valuation/Facilities Management Firms based in Abuja to submit Expressions of Interest (EoI) for the MANAGEMENT OF THE NEWLY REFURBISHED UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS LIAISON OFFICE / GUEST HOUSE at 33/35 6th Avenue, Gwarimpa, Abuja.
The Expression of Interest shall take account of the following:-
1. The use of the building is into three categories to guide revenue structure for the property and connected for the following purposes:
a. Provision of two (2) office spaces on the first floor – which shall be for the exclusive use of the University.
b. Provision of a conference room and two office spaces also on the first floor together with other offices on the ground floor .
c. Provision of “Bed and Breakfast” (English type) guest accommodation for visiting staff and other users strictly on commercial rates
2. Technical Proposal shall include among other things:
a. Understanding of the Abuja property market and trend in rental values
b. Lead personnel and qualification for the management of the property
c. General and specific Professional and Technical personnel requirement for the management
d. Property management structure to deploy for the purpose
3. The Financial Proposal under which the prospective managing firm shall express preferred cash flows and graduated annual payment to University of Lagos.
4. Eligibility Requirements
For the purpose of short listing, interested Firms must provide documents that will facilitate proper evaluation of their experience, competence and capability to undertake the assignment, which includes the following:-
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), including Memorandum and Articles of Association (MEMAT) of the company and up to date Annual Returns with CAC.
- A Sworn Affidavit certifying as follows:
The company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy.
The company does not have any director who has been convicted by any court in Nigeria and any other country for criminal offences in relation to fraud or financial impropriety.
That no officer of the University of Lagos or BPP is a former or present director or shareholder of the company.
That all information presented in the documents are true and correct in all particulars
- Company Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2014, 2015 and 2016) duly signed and stamped by a professional accounting / audit firm and signed by the Client.
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2014, 2015 and 2016).
- Pension Clearance Certificate valid for 2017 issued by the National Pension Commission (PENCOM).
- Industrial Training Fund (I.T.F.) Certificate valid for 2017 in compliance with Section 6 of the Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act, 2011.
- Evidence of having successfully managed a minimum of TWO (2) similar properties in the last five (5) years.
- List of key personnel stating their role, designation, qualification and years of experience. (Evidence of registration with ESVARBON with current practicing license and copies of certificates are to be attached).
- Company’s Health Safety and Environment policy.
- Satisfactory bank reference from a reputable bank stating the Company’s creditworthiness and ability to be granted financial support for the project execution if the need arises.
- Evidence of registration on the National data base of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by inclusion of Interim Registration Report valid for 2016 issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement. (BPP).
Interested companies or firms can visit the building for inspection any day from Monday to Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Contact person in this regard is kazeem Seidu with telephone number: 08036505968
Submission Of EoI Documents
The EoI documents should be arranged in the order listed above and three (3) sets should be submitted, an original and two (2) copy version in A4 sized paper, spiral bound, numbered serially and duly signed by your Company authorized signatories.
The documents are to be enclosed in an envelope and boldly marked with the name of the bidder and project name, to be submitted not later than 11.00 am. on Wednesday, 29th March, 2017 to:
5th Floor, Council Affairs Office,
University of Lagos,
Akoka, Yaba, Lagos.
- Failure to comply with the above requirements shall automatically result in the disqualification of a bidder.
- The University Management reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claim made in the Tender documents submitted by bidders.
- The University Management reserves the right to annul the selection process at any time without incurring any liabilities and attributing any reason thereof.
- The University shall not be responsible for any cost incurred by the bidders in connection with response to this advertisement.
- Participation in this process and any related process neither creates any commitment nor establishes any legal relationship with the University of Lagos. It is merely a precondition for further consideration of the Tender.
Dr. (Mrs.) Taiwo F. Ipaye, FNIM
Registrar & Secretary to Council